To delete an email, select the email and press the Delete key or Control + D. This sends the email to the Deleted Items folder. To access the Deleted Items folder, press Control + Y, arrow down to Deleted Items and press Enter.
If you want to restore an email to its original folder:
- Go to the Deleted Items folder.
- Arrow to the email and press Control + Shift + V.
- Arrow down to the relevant folder and press Enter.
You can clear out the Deleted Items folder but note that this will delete all the messages permanently (in a similar way to emptying the Recycling Bin on the Desktop).
To empty the deleted items folder:
- Press F6 until you get to the list of folders.
- Arrow down to Deleted Items.
- Press the Applications key (or Shift + F10).
- Arrow down to Empty Folder and press Enter.
- A message will appear and ask if you are sure about deleting all the email in this folder, so press Y for Yes.