In Windows 10, you can press Windows + Prt Scr, and it will directly save a picture of the whole screen to the Screenshots folder. It will name the file “Screenshot (1)” where the 1 refers to the number of screenshots you have taken. You can rename this and move it to another folder, if required. Follow this link to find out how to rename and move files without the mouse.
Another method that works with older versions of windows as well:
- Take a snapshot of the screen, or the active window, using the Prt Scr, or Alt + Prt Scr.
- Open a blank word document and press Control + V to paste the screenshot.
- Select the pasted screenshot, by pressing Shift + Left Arrow.
- Press the Applications key (or Shift + F10).
- Arrow down to Save as Picture and press Enter.
- Give it a name and it will be saved to your Pictures folder.